Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lasagna Rolls


This is a pretty good vegetarian recipe, although I did add some ground beef that I had leftover from tacos the night before. If you really want to load on the veggies, you could add chopped or grated zucchini or another type of squash, or any other vegetable that sounds good to you.

Ingredients:

1/2 pkg (8 oz) lasagna noodles, uncooked (since there are only 2 of us, I usually just use 8 noodles, which is about 1/3 of the box)
1 (16 oz) cottage cheese (I use about 2/3 of the package)
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 pkg frozen, chopped spinach thawed and well-drained (I had fresh spinach so I used that)
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (I just use whatever cheese I have)
1 (32 oz) jar spaghetti sauce (I never use that much, personal preference)

Cook noodles as directed on package, drain.

In small bowl mix the next 6 ingredients. Stir in spinach and 1 cup of cheese.

Spread cottage cheese mixture on noodles, then roll up each strip (it helps to use the spoon to kind of pat the mixture down a little before you roll).

Spread layer of sauce in bottom of 13 x 9 pan. Lay rolls, seam side down, in pan. Pour remaining sauce and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment