Friday, January 14, 2011

Korean Ribs


This was my crockpot recipe for Thursday.  They turned out really good!  They were flavorful, tender and juicy. If you want any heat to it, and I think I'll try this next time, try dicing one of the jalapeños and mixing it in with everything.  It's up to you if you want to keep the seeds in or take them out (keeping them in would make it quite spicy).  The recipe is from A Year of Slow Cooking.

Ingredients:

package of beef or pork ribs (I used pork)
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
5-10 whole jalapeño peppers (I used 6 and next time I'll probably up it to 8)
1/2 cup water

Put the ribs (frozen or thawed) in the crockpot.  Add the soy sauce, brown sugar and water on top and put the WHOLE jalapeños on top of everything.  Cook on low for 8 hours (you may need an extra hour if you start with frozen ribs).

No comments:

Post a Comment