Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mapled Pork


This is a recipe from my mother-in-law's cookbook. I had most of the ingredients on hand, except the orange zest and the coriander, so I had to skip out on those. Next time I'll definitely make sure I have them because I think it would add an even better flavor, although it was still really good! Also, instead of using a pork loin, I used pork chops that I already had, and cooked them in a crockpot instead of the oven. I would just turn them over every hour or so to make sure both sides got the juice.

Ingredients:
1 ½ pounds pork tenderloin
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 T soy sauce
2 T ketchup
1 T Dijon style mustard
2 tsp grated orange zest
1 ½ tsp curry powder
1 ½ tsp ground coriander
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced

Trim pork of all visible fat. Place in a large, heavy-duty, resealable plastic bag. Whisk together all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour over pork in bag. Seal bag and allow pork to marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour flipping bag over at least once during marinating time.

Transfer pork and marinade to a small roasting pan or baking dish. Roast, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Pork should still be slightly pink in the middle.
Let pork stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice thinly. Drizzle extra sauce over pork and serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Option: Cook pork tenderloin over charcoal grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment