Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chicken Chimichangas


These were really good!  I loved how the tortillas were crispy without frying them (=healthy).  I got there recipe at Mikelle's Meals.  She's got a lot of other good stuff too that I want to try.

Derek really liked them (always a plus), and suggested maybe adding some diced jalapeños and maybe cilantro, so I'll probably try that next time.

Ingredients:

2 cloves (2 tsp) minced garlic
2 medium onions, diced (I didn't use nearly that much.  I think about 1/2 an onion.)
2 tomatoes, diced (I used 1)
1 tsp cumin
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
1 4 oz can green chiles
salt to taste
grated cheese
refried beans (optional; I used a can of pinto beans)

Saute all ingredients (except cheese) and put 2 spoonfuls down center of tortilla along with some grated cheese.  Fold in 4 sides.  Spray generously with Pam.  Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.  You can also fry on both sides and drain on a paper towel.

Serve with sour cream and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment