Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chocolate Sauce


I got this recipe from Mikelle's Meals to go with some leftover vanilla ice cream we had.  I can't eat vanilla ice cream alone and this sauce was so good!  You can put the leftovers in the fridge and microwave for about 30 seconds the next time you want some.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter (I used margarine)
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Stir cocoa and sugar together well.  In a saucepan combine milk, butter, salt and vanilla.  Stir in dry mix.  Heat, stirring until it reaches a boil and is thick.  You want it to coat the back of a spoon.  If you want it to be thicker, for a crepe filling for example, boil a little longer.  I boiled mine about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.  Let it cool for 10-15 minutes to get even thicker (this made it the perfect consistency in my opinion).

Makes about 1 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment