Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cafe Rio Sweet Pork


I've seen this recipe in a few different places, but I think I got this particular one from Yvonne's blog.  Yum, yum, yum!  I love sweet pork and this really does taste like the Cafe Rio version.  It's great with cheese, avocado, and tomatoes or whatever you have on hand!  I had a 3 lb roast, so I halved it and it worked great.

Ingredients:

6 lb pork roast
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cans Coke (or 20 oz bottle)
16 oz Pace Picante sauce (I didn't have any but I did have a jar of La Victoria salsa so I used that and it was really good)

Trim fat from roast and cook in crockpot full of water on low for 6 hours or until tender.  Remove roast and shred and remove any fat leftover.  Dump water out of crockpot and replace the shredded pork.  Pour coke, brown sugar and picante sauce over the pork and mix in.  Slow cook for 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment