Thursday, October 7, 2010

Whole Wheat Tortillas


I'd love to have wheat tortillas on hand all the time, but they're a little more expensive than I would like, so I tried making them today.  I found the recipe...somewhere.  I can't remember!  I would give credit if I could, but since I can't, I'll just give you the recipe.

Ingredients:

2 cups wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 T oil
1/2 cup warm tap water

Combine dry ingredients.  Add oil and stir until well combined.  Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until dough can be gathered into a ball.  Add more water if needed, 1 tablespoon at a time (I ended up adding a little more than 1/2 cup and it still seemed too dry to me).

Knead on floured surface 15-20 times.  Let dough rest for 15 minutes.

Divide the dough into 10 portions and shape into balls.  On floured surface, roll out ball from the center into a circle.  Cook on ungreased skillet on medium-high heat for about 30 seconds on each side or until puffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment