Friday, October 15, 2010

Skinny Enchilada Soup


I got this from Amy's recipe blog.  I was going to make it meatless, but decided to add chicken to it at the last minute because we needed to take dinner to someone and I wanted to make it go a little further.  I've never had chicken in taco/enchilada soup (except at Chili's of course!), usually we have ground beef.  I really liked it with the chicken though and it definitely made it less greasy!

Ingredients:

1 can refried beans
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (I used kidney beans and forgot to drain them, but it was still good)
1 cup veggie broth (I only had chicken broth so I used that)
1 cup frozen corn
3/4 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (about 2 chicken breasts worth)
dash or two of cumin
dash of chili powder
2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
Tortilla chips or Fritos
sour cream (optional)

In a nice sized pot (or crockpot if you want to let it cook for a few hours) combine all ingredients except cheese, sour cream and chips and bring it to a boil.  Add 1 cup of cheese and stir over low heat until melted.  Serve topped with cheese, sour cream and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment