Wednesday, February 17, 2010

BBQ Beef


Gosh, sorry it has been so long. I promise I'm still cooking, I just haven't made a whole lot that's blog-worthy. And it's been a little busy.

For Gage's blessing I made a bunch of bbq beef for all the people that came over after church. I made it a couple of days in advance and just kept it in the crockpot in the fridge and then plugged it back in the morning of the blessing.

Ingredients:

Rump roast (I think chuck roast would work fine too)
1 or 2 onion soup mixes (depending on personal preference)
Montreal Steak seasoning
Hamburger buns
Sliced cheese (optional)

Put the roast, soup mix and seasoning in the crock pot on low all day. When it is done and pulls apart easily, shred with two forks (I actually ended up cutting most of it with a fork and knife - it probably wasn't done enough to shred but it still tasted great). Mix in your favorite bbq sauce (I used the Great Value brand, hickory flavored. So good.). Make sure you leave in all the juices from the roast - it gives a great flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment