Friday, February 19, 2010

Taco Soup


I love taco soup, and it's one of the few soups that Derek will eat - he is, unfortunately, not a soup fan. I decided to look at a recipe this time when I made it and was surprised to see ranch dressing mix as one of the ingredients. I think it added a pretty good flavor! (I forgot to take a picture until I was almost done eating, so sorry about the messy pic.)

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg Ranch dressing mix
1 can diced tomatoes (mine had chipotle peppers in it, added a nice kick)
1 can corn, drained
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans

Brown meat and onion. Drain. Add seasonings. Add beans, tomatoes and corn to meat and simmer until well blended and hot. Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos, cheese, and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment