Monday, February 1, 2010

Crescent Rolls


I got this recipe from my sister. They're soooo good. I like to make a double batch and when I roll the dough up into crescents I stick them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. When they're frozen I put them in a freezer bag. Then when I want some for dinner, I take some out about 5 hours before cooking time to let them thaw and rise.

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp yeast
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cup warm milk
1/3 cup butter flavored Crisco
2 tsp salt
2 eggs
5-6 cups flour

Combine yeast, 1 T. sugar and 1/2 cup warm milk. Mix together and let stand 1-2 minutes.

Add remaining sugar and milk, shortening, salt, eggs, and 2 cups flour. Mix all together.

Add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until the dough lightly sticks to the bottom of the bowl, or until you can handle it well. Knead by hand for about a minute, then place in a large, oiled bowl. Let it rise to twice it's size (about 1 1/2 hours).

Roll out onto floured surface until it is 1/3 - 1/2 inch thick. Using a pizza cutter or knife cut into long triangles. Roll into crescent shape and place on a greased baking sheet. Let them rise another 1/2 hour and bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.

1 comment: