Thursday, February 4, 2010

Elk Burgers


We were lucky enough to get some elk meat from Derek's friend the other day so we decided to make hamburgers with the ground elk last night. I realize most people probably don't have ground elk in their freezer, but this would work just fine with ground beef.

Ingredients:

ground elk or beef
steak seasoning
cheese
lettuce
tomato
bbq sauce or mustard or ketchup or a combo

During the winter I like to use our George Foreman grill to cook meat that we would normally put on the grill outside. I love it because it cooks so fast!

Verdict on the elk burgers: so good! The meat was so lean, but still tender. It was nice to not feel like I was eating a grease ball. I decided last minute to put bbq sauce on mine instead of my usual mustard/ketchup combo and I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment