Friday, February 19, 2010

Macaroni Grill Bread


I've only been to Macaroni Grill a couple of times, but I love their bread! When I found this recipe I knew I had to try it. The great thing about it is there are so few ingredients and they are ones that I always have on hand.

Ingredients:

1 T yeast
1 T sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 T rosemary
2 T butter

Place yeast, sugar, and water in large bowl. Let sit until bubbly.

Mix in 1 T butter, salt, and 2 cups of flour. Add 1 T rosemary.

Knead for 10 minutes, adding more flour if necessary. Let dough rise in oiled bowl for one hour.

Punch down and divide in half. Let rest 5 minutes.

Spray baking pan and shape dough into 2 small rounded loaves. Sprinkle rosemary on top and press into surface.

Let the dough rise 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 and bake 15-20 minutes. Brush with melted butter (and salt if desired) when it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment